10 Warriors selected for Australia Test
Scotland Head Coach Gregor Townsend has selected 10 Glasgow Warriors in his matchday 23 for Saturday evening’s clash with Australia, as the men in blue kick-off their Autumn Nations Series at BT Murrayfield this weekend.
Amongst the Glasgow contingent is back-rower Jack Dempsey, who could make his Scotland debut off the bench against the nation of his birth this weekend having completed World Rugby’s mandatory three-year stand-down period after previously represented the Wallabies.
Get your match tickets to Friday night’s game against Benetton (kick-off 7.35pm) – with Season Ticket and Warrior Nation Memberships still available 👇
— Glasgow Warriors (@GlasgowWarriors) October 26, 2022
There’s also a first start at BT Murrayfield for full-back Ollie Smith, after the 22-year-old made his senior international debut in the third Test against Argentina during the summer.
Five of the 10 Warriors can be found in the starting XV, with Ali Price named as vice-captain alongside starting at scrum-half.
Sione Tuipulotu joins Price and Smith in the back-line, as he wins his eighth cap by lining up at inside centre.
In the pack, Zander Fagerson packs down at tight-head, having won his 50th cap during the 2022 summer tour to South America.
Matt Fagerson completes the Glasgow cohort in the starting lineup, starting at number eight after a barnstorming summer tour in the dark blue jersey.
Front-row duo George Turner and Jamie Bhatti join Dempsey amongst the replacements, both men having been involved in last November’s 15-13 victory over the Wallabies at BT Murrayfield.
Ross Thompson is included amongst the replacement backs, the fly-half set to win his fourth cap if and when he comes off the bench on Saturday evening.
George Horne rounds out the contingent of Warriors, after being selected for his first senior Scotland appearance since last November’s clash with South Africa at BT Murrayfield.
Scotland kick-off their campaign against Australia on Saturday evening, with kick-off scheduled for 5.30pm. Tickets are still available for the match, which will also be live on Amazon Prime Video.
Scotland team to face Australia at BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh, live on Amazon Prime, Saturday 29 October – kick-off 5.30pm
15. Ollie Smith (Glasgow Warriors) 1 cap
14. Darcy Graham (Edinburgh Rugby) 29 caps
13. Mark Bennett (Edinburgh Rugby) 27 caps
12. Sione Tuipulotu (Glasgow Warriors) 7 caps
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Edinburgh Rugby) 19 caps
10. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby) 34 caps
9. Ali Price – Vice Captain – (Glasgow Warriors) 54 caps
1. Pierre Schoeman (Edinburgh Rugby) 12 caps
2. Dave Cherry (Edinburgh Rugby) 7 caps
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) 50 caps
4. Sam Skinner (Edinburgh Rugby) 22 caps
5. Grant Gilchrist – Vice Captain – (Edinburgh Rugby) 55 caps
6. Jamie Ritchie – Captain – (Edinburgh Rugby) 32 caps
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby) 51 caps
8. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) 24 caps
16. George Turner (Glasgow Warriors) 27 caps
17. Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors) 22 caps
18. WP Nel (Edinburgh Rugby) 48 caps
19. Glen Young (Edinburgh Rugby) 1 cap
20. Jack Dempsey (Glasgow Warriors) uncapped
21. George Horne (Glasgow Warriors) 17 caps
22. Ross Thompson (Glasgow Warriors) 3 caps
23. Damien Hoyland (Edinburgh Rugby) 4 caps