Five Glasgow academy talents selected for Scotland U20
Five of Glasgow’s FOSROC Scottish Rugby Academy prospects have been named in the Scotland U20 squad that will take on Ireland at Scotstoun, as Kenny Murray’s side prepare to face the table-toppers this Friday night.
The men in blue will be looking to replicate their performance from their most recent run-out at Scotstoun, a display that saw them earn a famous 18-17 win over Wales in front of a vocal home support.
Harris McLeod starts in the second-row for Murray’s men, the Stirling Wolves man having crossed the whitewash in the opening match of the championship against England at the Twickenham Stoop.
Finlay Burgess retains the scrum-half shirt, impressing in his 78 minutes on the field against France in round three.
Duncan Munn once again co-captains the side from outside centre, the Loch Lomond RFC product having made 32 tackles across his three appearances to date.
Logan Jarvie comes into the starting XV for the first time this campaign, the winger joining Stirling Wolves team-mates McLeod and Burgess in the lineup.
Ben Salmon completes the Glasgow contingent, the Hillfoots man having completed his recovery from injury to take his place in the matchday 23 for the first time in the championship.
Away from the Glasgow Warriors academy set-up, the west of Scotland is well represented once more in Murray’s selection; Glasgow Hawks contribute four players in the form of Moby Ogunlaja, Kerr Yule, Ruaraidh Hart and Andy McLean, with GHA number eight Jonny Morris also included in the matchday squad.
Scotland take on Ireland this Friday night at Scotstoun, with kick-off scheduled for 7.15pm. Tickets are still available here.
Scotland U20 team to face Ireland on Friday 10 March at Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow (kick-off 7.15pm – live on BBC iPlayer)
15. Dan King** (Heriot’s Rugby)
14. Logan Jarvie* (Stirling Wolves/Glasgow Warriors)
13. Duncan Munn* (Boroughmuir Bears/Glasgow Warriors) (CC)
12. Kerr Yule** (Glasgow Hawks)
11. Geordie Gwynn (Ealing Trailfinders/Brunel University)
10. Luke Townsend** (Melrose RFC)
9. Finlay Burgess* (Stirling Wolves/Glasgow Warriors)
1. Craig Davidson (Watsonians)
2. Corey Tait** (Boroughmuir Bears)
3. Moby Ogunlaja (Glasgow Hawks)
4. Jake Parkinson (Ealing Trailfinders/Brunel University)
5. Harris McLeod* (Stirling Wolves/Glasgow Warriors)
6. Liam McConnell* (Boroughmuir Bears/Edinburgh Rugby) (CC)
7. Rudi Brown* (Southern Knights/Edinburgh Rugby)
8. Jonny Morris** (GHA RFC)
16. Elliot Young (Exeter University/Exeter Chiefs)
17. Max Surry (Cardiff Met University)
18. Robbie Deans* (Watsonians/Edinburgh Rugby)
19. Ruaraidh Hart** (Glasgow Hawks)
20. Sam Derrick** (Southern Knights)
21. Charlie Clare (Harlequins/Surrey University)
22. Ben Salmon** (Stirling Wolves/Glasgow Warriors)
23. Andy McLean* (Glasgow Hawks)
*FOSROC Scottish Rugby Contracted Academy Player
**FOSROC Scottish Rugby Regional Academy Player