Land Rover Mascot Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to Rugby World Cup 2019 ™ Land Rover Mascot Competition (the “Competition”). The Competition is entered by a parent or legal guardian (the “Representative”) on behalf of a child aged between 7 and 13 years old, with the parent the holder of either a Season Ticket Membership or Warrior Nation Membership for Glasgow Warriors Rugby Club.
The winner will be selected at random following the set deadline of Tuesday 16 July (“the closing date”). The prize will be a trip to Japan for one (1) child and one (1) parent or legal guardian for four (4) nights in 4* accommodation, where the child will run out as the official Land Rover Mascot for Scotland v Japan at International Stadium Yokohama on Sunday 13 October.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By entering this Competition the Representative confirms that they accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
2. With the permission of Rugby World Cup Limited (“RWCL”), the Competition is promoted by
(i) Jaguar Land Rover Limited; registered in England and Wales; registered number 1672070, registered office at Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry, CV3 4LF, England (“JLR”), and is managed and administered on behalf of JLR by CSM Sport and Entertainment LLP, trading as CSM Brands, company number OC368517), registered office at PO Box 70693, 62 Buckingham Gate, London SW1P 9ZP (“CSM”). (JLR and CSM together the “Promoters”).
(ii) Scottish Rugby Limited, trading as Glasgow Warriors; registered in Scotland; registered number SC570841 registered office at BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH12 5PJ.
3. These Terms and Conditions apply so far as the law permits so please read them carefully before entering.
4. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions and the Competition.
CAN I ENTER THE COMPETITION?
5. In order to enter the competition, a parent or legal guardian of legal age must either renew their Season Ticket Membership for Glasgow Warriors or purchase a Warrior Nation Membership for Glasgow Warriors by the set deadline of Wednesday 10 July.
6. This Competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom. Only children between the ages of 7 and 13 will be eligible to claim the prize. Parents or legal guardians must be 18 or over. Proof of age of the child must be provided by the parent or legal guardian if selected as the winner.
7. No employees of the Promoters will be eligible to take part in the Competition.
8. In entering the Competition, the parent or legal guardian confirms that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim, on behalf of the Child, any prize that the Child may win. It will be the Promoters’ sole decision as to whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met and we may require evidence or confirmation from parents or legal guardians before awarding prizes.
9. As part of the Prize, the Child will be required to run out onto the pitch as the Land Rover mascot. The Child must be comfortable with doing this.
10. A parent or guardian over the age of 18 must accompany the Winner to the Prize as the guest (the “Guest”). The Guest acknowledges that they are primarily responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the Child throughout the Prize.
11. The Competition will open on Tuesday 5thJune 2019 at 14:00 and will close at 17:00 on Tuesday 16thJuly 2019.
12. Representatives will require access to an email account, access to a computer, internet access, and access to a telephone.
13. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or if your conduct is contrary to the spirt or intention of the Competition.
HOW TO ENTER
14. To enter, Representatives must:
(i) renew their Season Ticket Membership for Glasgow Warriors by the closing date; or
(ii) purchase a Warrior Nation Membership for Glasgow Warriors by the closing date.
15. The Promoters reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition if necessary.
16. One winner will be selected at random from the entries received by the closing date.
17. The single name of the winner selected will be final.
18. The winner will win the prize. The prize will be a trip to Japan during the Rugby World Cup 2019 period for one child (1) and one parent or legal guardian (1), where the child will be invited to be the official Land Rover Mascot for Scotland v Japan on Sunday 13 October at International Stadium Yokohama.
19. The prize package will include:
(i) Land Rover Mascot at Scotland v Japan, kick-off 19:45 on Sunday 13, October 2019 at International Stadium Yokohama.
(ii) 2 (two) tickets) to the above match. The Mascot will be required to run out onto the pitch before kick off as the Land Rover rugby mascot, and will have the opportunity to watch the match with their parent or legal guardian afterwards;
(iii) Return economy class flights from Scotland to Japan for the parent or legal guardian and child
(iv) 4 nights’ accommodation in a 4* Star hotel TBC, including one twin bedroom and breakfast.
(v) Daily expense cost of £100
(vi) Return transfers from the airport in Japan to the hotel upon arrival, and from the hotel to the airport in Japan prior to your departure flight, for the child and parent or legal guardian.
(vii) Rugby kit for the Mascot to wear at the match they are mascot for in Japan.
(viii) Transport to and from the stadium in Japan on the day of the match the child is mascot.
(ix) Match day meal for the child and parent or legal guardian on the day of the match; and
(x) Return transport to and from the child and parent or legal guardian’s home address to the UK departure airport, and from the UK airport to your home address upon arrival.
20. The winner acknowledges and agrees that the Prize does not include any expenses in excess of what is expressly stated. For the avoidance of doubt the Prize only includes what is listed in clause 19.
21. Only 1 (one) Prize is available to be won.
22. The winner will be contacted after 17:30 hours on the closing date using the telephone number and/or the email address provided on the Entry Form.
23. If the child and/or parent or legal guardian do not own a passport that is valid for the time of scheduled travel for the Prize trip to Japan, the winner will not be eligible to win the Competition. Entrants acknowledge and agree that it is not the responsibility of the Promoters to ensure that valid passports are obtained by each entrant and their children.
24. JLR will be capturing footage of the Scotland matches at Rugby World Cup 2019™, Japan as listed in clause 19(i) as part of the Prize, which may include footage of the winner’s child as the Land Rover mascot. Section B of the Video Footage Consent Form will ask the winner to provide consent on behalf of the child to feature in JLR’s footage. JLR will not capture any footage of the Mascot if consent has not been obtained from the Winners’ Representatives by way of the Video Footage Consent Form. Representatives that do not consent to such footage being captured will still be eligible to enter and win the Competition on behalf of the Child.
25. The name of the winner will be announced on JLR’s global Twitter account (@LandRoverRugby).
26. All details of the Prize (including e-tickets for the flights) will be sent to the email address provided by the winner.
27. Entrants may only win one prize throughout the duration of the Competition.
28. If the initial name selected at random is (i) unable to attend for the duration of the time period specified; or (ii) does not have a child of an age within the range specified, then a new name will be drawn at random. This process shall continue until such time as a winner fitting both of the criteria outlined above is selected.
29. There are no cash or credit alternative prizes and the Prize is non-transferable and non-negotiable. The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
30. The Representatives, Winners and their Guests shall comply with all relevant laws, rules, regulations and guidelines when taking part in this Competition.
31. If the Promoters subsequently discover that any of the winning party have breached these Terms and Conditions or RWCL terms and conditions, or foul play or unethical conduct is suspected under these Terms and Conditions, then the Promoters shall reserve the right to not award the Prize (of which the winner shall be informed).
32. If the Prize offered is unavailable, cancelled or suspended due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promoters (including but not limited to flight delays/suspensions or other such disruptions caused by weather of acts of god), the Promoters will not be able to offer an alternative and will not owe any further liability to the winner. The winner will not be entitled to any monetary equivalent or compensation for costs or expenses incurred or suffered in connection with taking up the Prize.
33. The winner accepts that the Prize could be cancelled or suspended for any reason whatsoever beyond the control of the Promoters.
34. In the event that the winner are unable to take up the Prize for any reason, they must notify the Promoters immediately. The Promoters do not accept any responsibility if the Winner is not able to take up the Prize.
35. In all circumstances, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
36. Entrants acknowledge that the Winner and Mascot may be asked to partake in media activities by independent local or national broadcasters whilst at the Event, and further acknowledge that the Rugby World Cup matches in Japan (in which the Winners will be the Land Rover mascot for as part of the Prize) will be broadcast by independent broadcasters.
37. Neither the Promoters or their affiliates, agents, officers or employees will be liable (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss or damage arising out of organising or holding this Competition or as a result of a Child’s participation in it, participation in any of the activities or as a result of the Winner winning, participating in, collecting or enjoying the Prize and/or the Competition, or if the Competition does not run as planned. This paragraph does not seek to exclude the liability of any party listed in this paragraph for (a) death or personal injury caused by their negligence, (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, and/or (c) any other matter for which it would be unlawful for them to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability. Your statutory rights are not affected.
38. The Promoters may change these Terms and Conditions or cancel the Competition at their absolute discretion and without incurring liability as a result unless the Prize has been awarded.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
40. If you have any other questions about the Competition, please send you question by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before the Competition ends.
RUGBY WORLD CUP LIMITED TERMS AND CONDITIONS
41. The Winner and their Guest shall comply with the terms and conditions applicable to:
(i) the issue and use of tickets from time to time as determined by Rugby World Cup Limited (“RWCL”) from time to time and as available and set out at https://info.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/tickettce/ or such other webpage; and
(ii) all applicable RWCL, Tournament Organiser and venue owner or operator rules and regulations relating to access to Rugby World Cup venues and any other areas associated with Rugby World Cup (including any terms of accreditation determined by RWCL). Further, the Winner acknowledges that, as the parent or legal guardian of the Mascot, they may be required to enter into a direct acknowledgement and/or agreement with RWCL concerning use of the tickets and compliance with ticket terms and conditions prior to receiving the Prize.
42. The Winner and Guest shall not, while using any Rugby World Cup tickets, display or publicise any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to be ambush marketing or an abuse of the Rugby World Cup, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon any of RWCL or the Rugby World Cup. The Winner and their Guest agrees and acknowledges that any breach of this clause shall cause significant damage and loss to RWCL.
43. The Competition is run by the Promoters with the permission of RWCL. The Promoters are responsible for the operation of and all matters and concerns relating to the promotion, not RWCL or any other persons involved in the staging of Rugby World Cup 2019 and World Rugby (formerly the International Rugby Board), all of whom shall not be responsible for or liable to the entrants in any way whatsoever in connection with this promotion.
44. The Promoter may pass personal information relating to prize winners to RWCL and/or JR2019 (and any of their service providers or agents) for the purposes of monitoring the distribution and use of Rugby World Cup tickets and related experiences and, in the event of a suspect breach of any terms and conditions, rules or regulations ofRWCL and/or JR2019relating to the use of such tickets and/or experiences, investigating and taking action against such winners.