Glasgow Warriors Supporters Group | Meeting Four Minutes
The minutes from the Glasgow Warriors Supporters Group's fourth meeting of the season.
Supporters Group: Meeting 4
- Tuesday 6 June 2023
- Al Kellock, Cameron MacAllister, John Manson, Molly Mitchell, Robyn Struthers
- Robert Stewart, Ali Carberry, David Arnott, David Valentine, Kevin Millar, Morag Boyter, Kyle Walsh, Catriona Morrison, Julie Craig, Irene Cowan
- Stewart Croll, Chris Brown, Mark Anderson, Andy Sime, Colleen Brandon
Supporters welcomed the various signing sessions run throughout the season and shared that the on-field sessions were the best. Feedback was provided on how to improve those from a customer perspective going forward.
Supporters would like to see more of Clyde at different areas around the Stadium. For the mascot to visit the Clubhouse regularly. It was felt Clyde spent most time at the front of the main stand.
Supporters shared the biggest issues they are seeing in the stadium are with the toilets in the Clubhouse and the way security interact with supporters. Al Kellock asked that when best practice is observed to share that with the club in order that those examples can be shared with G4S and SecuriGroup to showcase the level of quality the club are aiming to achieve.
Glasgow Warriors plan to speak with Keep Scotland Beautiful to understand ways to reduce plastic waste, particularly in light of the stadium rules for the decanting of bottles
Glasgow Warriors shared plans for this group next season:
- Quarterly in-person meetings will continue
- One virtual meeting will be offered between in-person meetings to provide updates on actions
- Email will remain the primary form of communication throughout the season, but the club will endeavour to share information with more notice
- Glasgow Warriors will update the contacts page on the website to include the Supporter Group
- Glasgow Warriors will share a short questionnaire with the Supporter Group for completion
- It is likely up to two new members will be added to the group over the summer, to widen the reach within the club’s various demographics. One of these members will be invited from the Scotstoun Squad.
ALL (Supporters): Ideas for engagement over summer and Rugby World Cup welcome
Robyn: To look at the possibility of introducing ‘Ref Mics’ to Scotstoun
Robyn: To progress plans for stadium signage and map with QR code ahead of new season
John: To arrange a sub-committee meeting to look at potential what travel can be arranged for supporters in 2023/24.
- ALL (Supporters): At least two volunteers to join the above travel sub-committee
Cameron: To look at opportunities for promotion on community radio stations throughout the clubs regions
Cameron: To discuss with the Ticketing department the option of supporters opting in to buying tickets for knock-out games at the start of the season?
Next meeting: Tuesday 5 September 2023