GLASGOW WARRIORS SUPPORTERS FORUM MINUTES

GLASGOW WARRIORS SUPPORTERS FORUM MINUTES

Below are the minutes from Glasgow Warriors Supporters Forum's second meeting of the season. It was a constructive session with a variety of topics raised by both Glasgow Warriors and the Supporters Forum.

Supporters Group: Meeting 2

  • Tuesday 15 November 2022
  • 6pm-8pm

Attendance

Glasgow Warriors:

  • Kenny Brown, Al Kellock, Duncan Seller, John Manson
  • Apologies – Cameron MacAllister

Supporters:

  • Robert Stewart, Stewart Croll, Chris Brown, Mark Anderson, Ali Carberry, Kyle Walsh, Catriona Morrison, Irene Cowan, Andy Sime, David Arnott, David Valentine,
  • Apologies – Kevin Millar, Morag Boyter, Julie Craig, Colleen Brandon

 

Glasgow Warriors key updates:

  • New East and West stands bring the club in line with Arena Standards ‘A frame’ system. This is the system that is in place across rugby and football grounds and moves away from legacy ‘Matrix’ system – The club are working on a long-term solution taking into account factors including legroom and big screen visibility
  • Toilet improvements have been made in North stand
  • Flooring and branding upgrades have been made to the Clubhouse – Clubhouse improvement project is still ongoing
  • Floodlights will have bulbs replaced ahead of the Perpignan game
  • Clyde Bar has been introduced in the northeast corner – bar will be open before and after the Perpignan game with intention to keep the bar for the whole season
  • Fan experience match day activations including high ball catch and signing sessions have been reintroduced – club looking at more fan experience activations for upcoming games
  • All non-playing players are being deployed during home games to interact with guests conduct signings etc.
  • Charity events will be held at both December games – details to be published in the coming weeks
  • Second big screen has been installed in South West corner measuring two metres wider and one metre taller than the old screen
  • Three match clocks have been added for all future URC games.
  • Continued conversations around food offering are being had with different offerings been trialled
  • Work being done to benchmark food and drink offering and costs compared to other clubs in the league and in Glasgow
  • A new accessible parking allot has been introduced. 30 spaces available via ballot for accessible parking (20% of total parking)  Club have also introduced dedicated GW employed car park manager. To date everyone that has entered the ballot has been allocated a space.
  • Club have introduced Squadcast podcast hosted by Craig Wright and Murphy Walker
  • In game and prematch music offering has been updated
  • Club as relaunched Warriors HQ as a season long docuseries – each episode offers behind the scenes access and recaps the two most recent games – episode 4 covers the SA trip and Benetton
  • Full investigation being conducted by URC and SA health authorities regard the postponement of the Lions game – plan is for game to be rescheduled.
  • Club beginning to look at recruitment and retention for the 2023/24 season
  • Club will continue to have conversations around Friday night games with Viaplay
  • Ticketing representative to attend next meeting
  • Future meetings to start at 6.30pm and will last for 1hr 30min
  • Supporters group members are able to email Cameron/Kenny/John with feedback and raise issues and gain background information.

 

Key feedback from supporters:

  • Any stand changes ahead of the 2023/24 season to be communicated early in the new year to allow season ticket holders to be consulted around seat moves etc.
  • Request for clubhouse beer, soft drink and non-alcoholic offering to be looked at
  • Match clocks causing glare – club will look at positioning and angle
  • Request for pedestrian access to resume from the Danes Drive gate
  • Addition of another score board – a proposal is already being looked at by the club
  • Suggestion of a semi-permanent solution be looked at for sound issues in the club house
  • Request to monitor lack of healthy options and soup at kiosks
  • Lids being removed from drinks – club explained Glasgow Licensing restrictions mean bottle tops must be removed – club is currently in the process of taking this ruling to a hearing to earn a dispensation
  • Request to look a water bottle refill taps and reusable cups
  • Pigeon mess issue raised at the back of the main stand – Glasgow Life have a dedicated contractor employed to clean mess ahead of games – GW will monitor
  • Request for northwest gate leaves to be cleared up due to slip hazard
  • Lighting issues on Duncan Avenue and Scotstounhill Station
  • Request for more activities for children around games
  • Issues with hospitality seating in row 0. Club is monitoring and no issues were raised when The Bothy was in use during the Benetton game. Club continues to monitor and speak to season ticket holders in the area.
  • Request for season ticket holders to gain early access to general sale tickets
  • Request for Squadcast to be filmed – club looking at this for the new year
  • Request for Squadcast to include club staff

Spread the word

Newsletter Sign-up

Sign up to our newsletter today to receive the latest updates, content and releases from Glasgow Warriors.

Sign-up