Toyota Cheetahs 24-52 Glasgow Warriors

Toyota Cheetahs 24-52 Glasgow Warriors

Trailing at the break, Dave Rennie’s men looked like a different side in the second 40 as they took control of the tie before putting it to bed emphatically.

Glasgow now travel to Cape Town where they will prepare for next weekend’s tie against the Southern Kings in Port Elizabeth.

It was the perfect start in Bloemfontein with Adam Hastings diving over with just a minute on the clock before dusting himself off to slot the conversion.

However, to quick fire tries from the South Africans brought the visitors down to earth with a bump and things looked ominous for Glasgow as Alex Dunbar was sent to the sin-bin for a high tackle.

The Warriors rode the orange wave when down to 14 and actually out-scored the Cheetahs in that 10-minute period, Ali Price gleefully collecting an offload one meter from the try line to dive over on his first start of the season.

It didn’t take the Cheetahs long to respond again and for the third time in the first 40 they made the most of turnover ball and broken defence to use their pace to score out wide. 19-14 the score at half-time.

It was the hosts’ turn to be reduced to 14 straight from the kick off at the start of the second period, Tommy Seymour taken out in the air.

Unlike their opponents in the first half, Glasgow grabbed their man advantage with both hands and scored three quick-fire tries to effectively kill off the tie.

Tommy Seymour dusted himself off to score the first, hitting a lovely line before accelerating away from his defenders.

Ali Price had a second, nearly a mirror image of his first at the opposite end of the field and DTH collected a lovely flat pass out wide to stretch further ahead as the club’s all-time leading try scorer.

The Cheetahs exploited a gap on the blindside to score their fourth try of the game but there was no catching Warriors.

Adam Hastings slotted a penalty before Callum Gibbins collected a sumptuous George Turner offload to score in consecutive matches.

Hastings’ conversion for George Horne’s late score saw the fly-half kick 8/8 on the night and pick up the Guinness Man of the Match medal for the second consecutive week.

Spread the word

Newsletter Sign-up

Sign up to our newsletter today to receive the latest updates, content and releases from Glasgow Warriors.