Supporters Group Minutes | Tuesday 26 March 2024

Supporters Group Minutes | Tuesday 26 March 2024

The minutes from the Glasgow Warriors Supporters Group on Tuesday 26 March 2024


Glasgow Warriors: Alastair Kellock, Cameron MacAllister, Kenny Brown, Robyn Struthers, Martin Malone, and Natasha Coyle

Supporters: Ali Carberry, David Arnott, Robert Stuart, Iain Papworth, David Valentine, Mark Anderson, Catriona Morrison, and Irene Cowan

Apologies: Kevin Millar, Ken Milne, Stewart Croll, Andy Sime, Colleen Brandon, Morag Boyter, and Kyle Walsh


      • We are expecting the public announcement of 2024/25 BKT United Rugby Championship fixtures to be published in the coming weeks.
      • The intention is for 2024/25 Season Ticket renewals to start in May, following the fixture announcement. The earlier on sale date will not affect the direct debit process supporters are used to.
      • Results of a recent Fan Experience Survey from URC was shared, showing performance against other URC clubs. This showed Glasgow Warriors having an above average rating on atmosphere and fans’ likelihood to return for another game, however it also indicated the challenges faced with queuing times, which are below average. Continued work is being done to improve this.
      • The costly Mint Aero and other confectionary bags are no longer to be sold. A more reasonable priced alternative will be introduced. What this is, is not yet known.
      • Work has started on the new East Stand Fan Zone area. The fence line has been taken down and the grass area is being dug up. This area will include new food units, a 40-foot bar, and a new Macron Store. It will have a much more robust surface for queueing, meeting, and mingling. It will not be covered, but there will be consideration for this in future. It is expected this area will be open and fully operational by Zebre on Friday 31 May.
      • The issue with the water supply throughout the stadium at the Cardiff match on Friday 22 March was addressed. It was confirmed that this was a one-off issue that has been managed and is not expected to recur.


      • SUPPORTERS ACTION: Glasgow Life review of RAAC is ongoing with no conclusion yet. Robert Stuart plus three others from this group are to form a sub-group that will look at making improvements to this season’s Clubhouse. This group will be put in touch with Glasgow Life to meet and drive progress.
      • SUPPORTERS ACTION: All to suggest, or to recommend other relevant fans who may be interested in contributing, items to be included on a visiting fans page on our website. CM ACTION: To share current draft to start generating ideas.
      • Reusuable cups are to be purchased by Elior, the stadium’s food and beverage supplier, with the intention of these newly Glasgow Warriors branded cups being rolled out for the start of the 2024/25 season. SUPPORTERS ACTION: To recommend processes for using, buying, keeping, and returning these cups based on experiences from other clubs and events. One option being considered is a returns policy that generates a donation for Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity.
      • KB ACTION: To pick up with Elior on feedback about pies not being served in specific kiosks and ensure consistency across the stadium.
      • KB ACTION: To look at the ongoing accessible toilet issues next to E106-118 / F115-131 on the main stand, first-floor concourse.
      • RS ACTION: To pick up with Ticketing Operations Manager for briefing the new Ticket Scanning Team on what’s happening around the stadium and to direct them to engage with fans about what’s going on around the stadium. Feedback suggests there is not enough consistent information being shared with the supporters across the ground from Stewards, Volunteers, and Ticket Scanners. This action will address this.
      • RS ACTION: To agree the Clubhouse layout with XVI Warrior for Sharks game and in future.
      • SUPPORTERS ACTION: It was noted how good Eleanor from G4S is at managing the tunnel area. Another steward was commended for their work in the stadium and the group are to come back on who it was so their good work can be complimented.
      • SUPPORTERS ACTION: At our next Supporter Group Meeting we will review the structure of this group and how it will work going forward. Can you please provide any feedback for improving this and your interest, or otherwise, in continuing with the group for 2024/25, by Wednesday 24 April.

Next Meeting

Tuesday 28 May, Supporter Forum at Scotstoun Stadium, in the Harper Macleod Club Deck. Open to 250 Season Ticket and Warrior Nation Members.

Spread the word

Newsletter Sign-up

Sign up to our newsletter today to receive the latest updates, content and releases from Glasgow Warriors.